MAPLE GLAZED HAM Recipe
- Ham (your choice of what kind, etc., but we prefer the type that is already sliced – it cooks AND tastes much better!)
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar (I prefer to use Dark)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- Cook Ham in a bit water for approx. 20 min
- Whisk all above ingredients together in a saucepan on medium heat until smooth. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and pour half onto the ham, letting it cook for another 10-15 min. Keep covered with foil to ensure ham doesn’t dry out (which it tends to do quite easily).
- Then add the remaining amount of glaze at the end within the last 5 minutes of cooking in the oven. Total cook time should be around 45 min.
HASHBROWN CASSEROLE Recipe
- 1 Package of frozen Hashbrown Potatoes, thawed
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken (or you can use Mushroom) Soup
- 1 Medium Onion, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Sour Cream
- 3 Cups Cornflakes (leave as is, or you can crush them, I’ve done both)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter (for mixing with Hashbrowns, etc.)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter (for the Corn Flakes)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine: Hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 45 minutes. I like to remove the cover during the last 10 min or so, that way the corn flakes on top get even more crunchy.