- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon ground Ginger
- 4 Tablespoons of Curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon of ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) can of Coconut Milk
- 8 ounces (1 cup) of Chicken Stock
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes, chopped
- 1.5 pounds of Chicken Breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, ginger and cayenne pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and curry powder; let sit until curry turns a dark gold color.
- Add chicken stock and chicken, then cook for 8-10 min.
- Add potatoes and let cook for 5 min. Lastly, add the coconut milk, cover, and let simmer for 30 min.
- I then transfer everything to a casserole dish and let it get slightly browned in the oven (uncovered) for approx 15 min.
- When you take it out, let it sit for a bit so sauce will thicken slightly. Serve over a bed of white rice.