- 1.5 lbs. Red Potatoes, cut into chunks – peel skin off if you prefer
- 1 oz. Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix packet
- 3/4 Cup of Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Minced Cilantro
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 7 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced chives
- In a medium pot, place chunked potatoes and cover with water. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat and reduce to medium, allowing to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. If you boil the water first, then add the potatoes, they will start to break apart in little bits so DO NOT do that.
- When potatoes are done, drain and place on a lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with packet of ranch dip and fold potatoes over with a spatula until the dip mix is evenly distributed. Place baking sheet of potatoes into the fridge for approximately 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cool.
- While potatoes are chilling, fry and chop 7 slices of bacon and shred cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayo, pepper, garlic, mustard, and cilantro.
- When potatoes are cool, pour into large bowl of sour cream mixture.
- Fold in shredded cheddar cheese and bacon. Sprinkle chives on top of potato salad.
- Chill for at least two hours until flavors meld. It will taste even better if its put in the refrigerator overnight!