- 1 pd. of ground meat (or your choice of meat, feel to use ground turkey, etc.) – Try to get ground meat that is 80/20 (80% Lean, 20% fat – this will taste better & have the most flavor)
- 1 Medium Onion, minced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can of Tomato Paste
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Large Tomatoes, Chopped -OR – 1 (15 oz.) can of Diced Petite Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Sugar (Just a pinch or two)
- Brown the ground beef in large skillet over medium heat with the onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once fully browned, drain (be careful not to drain out the onions & garlic when doing so).
- Add diced tomatoes, sauce, and paste. Stir thoroughly. Taste sauce and depending on the amount of bitterness, add a dash of sugar to help sweeten it. Cover and simmer on low for approx 45 min.
- Serve over your choice of pasta (My favorite is Angel Hair, my Hubbby’s fave is Linguine) with cheese on top.